6 Laning of Chandikhol-Bhubaneswar section of NH16 (Old NH5), Odisha
SPV: Shree Jagannath Expressways Pvt. Limited (SJEPL)
- Project road connects Chandikhol-Bhubaneswar section
- Major towns/cities are Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Chandikhol
- Important connections provided through the project road include the Road to Puri (NH-203) at Rasulgarh, Ring Road near Cuttack, Link Road and OMP Junction Roads in Cuttack, and NH-42 at Mangoli Chowk.
- NH-42 connects NH-5 with Dhenkanal, Angul, Redhakhol and Sambalpur. The end point (north of km 62) of the project road at Chandikhol is a major intersection, where NH-200 and NH-5A cross NH-5 through an overpass. NH-200 connects Daiteri mines and then runs towards Raipur, capital of Chhattisgarh.
- NH-42 and NH-200 form a loop connecting to Talcher, an important power generation hub. NH-5A connects Paradip, a major port. Both NH-200 and NH-5A have gained prime importance in the roadmap of the country, due to the steel industry as well as harbour facilities at Paradip.
- A number of iron ore mines and steel plants are located near Chandikhol, Angul and Talcher in District Jajpur.
- Strategic petroleum reserve : In order to secure mandate energy of the country, Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Govt. of India is creating strategic Petroleum Reserves. Under Phase II storage program, plans currently are progressing to create Strategic Petroleum Reserves at two locations, out of which, one is Chandikhol (4.4 MMT storage capacity).
Key Growth Factors
- Paradip port is just 85 kms from the project stretch
- Infovalley is a joint venture Integrated IT Park with IL&FS comprising of an IT SEZ with a township of 500 acres land in the western parts of Bhubaneswar.
- Bhubaneswar is the capital city of Odisha and a big commercial hub. The city has one of the biggest smart city proposals at over ` 45,300 million