SPV: Guruvayoor Infrastructure Pvt. Limited (GIPL)
4/6 Laning of Thrissur–Angamali section of NH 544 (old No.47), Kerala
- Project road connects Thrissur – Angamali section.
- Part of NH-47 which originates at Kanyakumari and ends at Salem.
- Major towns/cities are Kochi, Thrissur and Chalakudy.
- Thrissur- A district situated in the central part of Kerala. It is spread over an area of about 3,032 sq. km. and is home to more than 10% of Kerala’s population. Thrissur is considered the most urbanised after Ernakulam.
- Chalakudy – a municipal town situated in Thrissur district. It lies on National Highway 47 and located about 47 km north of the city of Kochi and 30 km south of Thrissur.
- Angamali – a municipality in Ernakulam district and it is one of the fastest developing satellite town of Kochi. It is situated in the north of Ernakulam. It lies at the intersection of Central Road and National Highway 47.
- The project road runs in proximity to the Cochin Refinery, Cochin Port and the proposed KINFRA Gem and jewellery park, a full-fledged infrastructure facility for ornament making and its allied activities.
- In order to arrest urban sprawl, reduce the dependency on Kochi City and to open up new areas of development in the Region, it is proposed to develop a transit oriented development corridor connecting centres of Kodungallur, Angamaly, Perumbavoor, Kolenchery, Piravom, Thalayolaparambu, and Cherthala.
- Intense development shall be promoted along Angamaly -Thripunithra – Piravom corridor in the first phase to induce development along Angamaly – Kolenchery – Piravom- Cherthala corridor, with the main focus on Angamaly.
- INKEL City: A master plan of 50 acres of the land adjacent to Transformers and Electricals Kerala Limited, Angamaly is being jointly developed by INKEL and KISDC. Out of the 50 acres, 30 acres of the land will be developed as INKEL city.